Thursday, October 26, 2006

in the lab at 8pm

stuck in the lab right now. not that i'm hardworking, i just can't finish my experiment early and i haven't looked at tmr's lab somemore. sometimes i really wonder if i work that slow. usheer was surprised at how slow i worked this tuesday. honestly speaking i don't consider myself as a slow worker, but somehow i gave others impressions that i tend to take my "sweet ass" time (described by clara once) to do things more carefully (slowly).

well, since i'm the one taking my "sweet ass" time, i should be responsible for any inconvenience it would bring to me. somehow this time jamie was dragged along into my slowliness. i'm really sorry about making jamie do extra work. he's my mentor that's right, but he doesn't have to help me do experiments. he could've left me alone "live and die by myself" as suggested in Chinese. he's graduating with a PHD degree in several months time and should spend time on his thesis. but he comes to the lab at least 2 days a week just to help me out. i can't get dialysis of my proteins done today, and jamie volunteered to do it for me tmr. i feel so touched (and guilty) about it. he doesn't have to do it. his kindness makes me more dependent. i'm thinking after he's gone i'll be on my own and it'll be hard for me. :"( i know how important jamie is for my project course and for my research life so far. i decided to buy him a gift when he's about to leave. T_T i wish he could stay for another year so he can help me finish my project course. ahhh, so selfish.

No comments: